Join Tecan! Join the market leader! Work in an international and dynamic
environment, share our success!
Do you want to make a significant difference in how the world is looking tomorrow and contribute to the innovation of state-of-the-art, cutting-edge technology products?
Then look no further and join Field Application team in Southern California
Region: Western US; Southern California preferred. Candidates must be located near a major US airport in San Diego, Orange County, L.A., SF Bay Area, or Seattle
What you will do:
Tecan Genomics, Inc. is looking for a talented individual who is experienced in field applications within the life science sector to join our growing Global Technical Support Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing field-based technical support and training to our customers primarily in the Western U.S. region. There will be a strong emphasis on pre-sales, post-sales, and troubleshooting activities. A minimum of 50% of time spent in the field with customers is required.
Responsibilities will include
- Partners and communicates with sales account executives to provide exceptional technical support to key customer accounts.
- Provides pre-sales and post-sales support and training to customer sites using both onsite visits and remote webinars.
- Provides phone and email support to customers, both for incoming questions and outbound communication.
- Provides voice of the customer inputs to marketing team.
- Participates in ongoing training (include occasional bench training) to maintain proficiency with Tecan’s products.
- Completes call reports with accuracy and completeness in CRM system with goal of case closure to full satisfaction.
- Escalates unresolved customer issues as needed to insure resolution in an effective and timely manner.
What you bring along
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a scientific discipline, e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Genetics or equivalent experience required with a minimum of 3+ years of laboratory or related work experience.
- Hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing technologies required. Familiarity and background with NGS data analysis and/or bioinformatics preferred.
- Knowledge of Illumina NGS platforms and tools required.
- 2+ years’ experience in customer facing position required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively in a team required.
- Is self-motivated and proactive, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
What you will get
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Progressive employment conditions
- Exciting career opportunities
- Wide range of training courses
- International and diverse environment (30+ different nationalities)
- Strong company culture with rich history
- Global mindset with “Swissness” at heart
- Extremely attractive location overlooking the lake of Zurich
Look no further and apply now!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online. Please submit your resume (w/o picture and w/o cover letter, reference letters and diplomas are optional).
We will only consider applications that fully meet our requirements.
#lifescience #healthcare #automation #medical device #biology #biotechnology # etc.
We care about people - Join the market leader People every day all around the world will benefit from more personalized healthcare. The promise of better, faster, more cost efficient solutions is now within our grasp. And that’s the world in which Tecan plays a vital role – helping advance healthcare – through advanced life science research and diagnostic solutions. We constantly seek new ways to steer innovation.
Every lab. Every day. Empowered. Our vision is to empower every laboratory, every day, around the world with Tecan technology, products and support. We will help to shape the future of automated workflows in life sciences and clinical diagnostics through unrivaled expertise, products and customer support.
We care about our culture. Our values – trust, highest standards and ambition – are the cornerstones of our business, and give us the framework for the Tecan culture. We foster a positive and empowering environment, which allows us to bring our passion and energy to work. This helps us to deliver on our customer promise – ‘Always there for you’.
Always there for you