Join Tecan! Join the market leader! Work in an international and dynamic
environment, share our success!
Do you want to make a significant difference in how the world is looking tomorrow and contribute to the innovation of state-of-the-art, cutting-edge technology products?
Then look no further and join the R&D team in Grödig near Salzburg, Austria
Senior Data & Machine Learning Scientist (m/w/d)
What you will do
The Senior Data & Machine Learning Scientist will be part of the development of new product features from conception through deployment. The candidate will apply knowledge and expertise of statistics and strong analytical skills to mine data and develop large-scale machine learning models to reveal customer value in data. The individual will also develop algorithms and apply machine learning and deep learning techniques to support the analysis of image data for applications in the life sciences.
Responsibilities will include
- Work on all stages of data science projects from understanding data to implementing the solutions into products and service offerings.
- Design and implement machine learning, statistical, or algorithmic solutions in biomedical research involving 2D and 3D image formation and analysis
- Develop machine learning applications and perform analysis and fine-tuning using test results; extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Develop strong relationships with business, application, and system development team members by being proactive, displaying a thorough understanding of the product development process and by recommending innovative solutions.
- Provide data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, data visualization and machine learning solutions.
- Support data analytics through collection and analysis of multiple data sources to support decision making and product/process quality improvement.
- Design, implement, and document new SW features and deployment of machine learning solutions in environments with C#/WPF/.NET framework.
What you bring along
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Biophysics, or Machine Learning
- Hands-on experience with prototyping/development software (Python, R, Matlab etc.).
- Know-how in machine learning / deep learning / computer vision methods
- Experience in developing machine learning solutions in a computer-vision context
- Familiarity with data visualization tools: JMP, Tableau, or equivalent software.
- In-depth understanding of best practices for data configuration and development processes. Experience with scientific data management strategy development and execution.
- Knowledge of SW development in regulated markets (IVD) and know-how in relevant regulations (IEC 62304 / ISO 13485) preferred
- Competence in biological sciences preferred
What you will get
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Progressive employment conditions
- Exciting career opportunities
- Wide range of training courses
- Strong company culture with rich history
- Extremely attractive location in the enchanting mountains in the Salzburger Land
Look no further and apply now!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online. Please submit your resume (w/o picture and w/o cover letter, reference letters and diplomas are optional).
#lifescience #engineering #biotechnology #development #machinelearning #datascientist # C#/WPF/.NET #regulatedmarkets #patternanalysis
We care about people - Join the market leader People every day all around the world will benefit from more personalized healthcare. The promise of better, faster, more cost efficient solutions is now within our grasp. And that’s the world in which Tecan plays a vital role – helping advance healthcare – through advanced life science research and diagnostic solutions. We constantly seek new ways to steer innovation.
Every lab. Every day. Empowered. Our vision is to empower every laboratory, every day, around the world with Tecan technology, products and support. We will help to shape the future of automated workflows in life sciences and clinical diagnostics through unrivaled expertise, products and customer support.
We care about our culture. Our values – trust, highest standards and ambition – are the cornerstones of our business, and give us the framework for the Tecan culture. We foster a positive and empowering environment, which allows us to bring our passion and energy to work. This helps us to deliver on our customer promise – ‘Always there for you’.
Always there for you