We offer a wide range of ingredients - such as herbs, spices and active ingredients - for food manufacturers and the catering industry. With this, we want to enrich people's lives with extraordinary taste experiences. As an employee*, you can count on team spirit, flexibility, attractive career opportunities, international projects and numerous benefits. NovaTaste is an independent and autonomous group of companies with headquarters in Salzburg, Austria. It also has locations in Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Ireland, Great Britain, Poland, Canada, Mexico and Thailand. With around 1,800 employees, it serves more than 11,000 customers worldwide. Around the globe, our employees* combine a passion for good taste and a fascination for the great world of spices.
The Role - Main responsibilities
- Developing and executing the group sustainability strategy and programme through collaboration with senior leadership and departmental managers
- Drafting and implementing suitable organisational policies and procedures relating to sustainability
- Drafting and preparing reports, presentations and proposals for the Chief Executive Officer, board of directors and other key internal stakeholders and attending senior leadership meetings
- Reporting and communicating on sustainability performance for external stakeholders where required
- Maintaining working knowledge of, and ensuring compliance with all applicable sustainability related laws and regulations
- Owning various projects under the sustainability programme
- Achieving and maintaining appropriate sustainability certifications
- Representing the company externally at events and industry bodies where relevant
- Acting as the responsible person for all sustainability matters
- Performing other related duties as required
The business is made up of 3 business units, each with strong leadership teams who are motivated to lead the next phase of growth in their geographies (Europe, Mexiko, Canada). Each major geography is led by a proven General Manager. The Head of ESG will report to the CEO of NovaTaste and will work closely with the Head of Procurement, Head of Operations and Head of Innovation.
The role will be based in Salzburg, Austria and may require frequent travel.
- A strong desire to make a difference.
- Critical Thinking - Uses problem solving skills to assist in determining priorities, finding timely solutions to departmental or system-wide issues.
- Collaboration - Successfully collaborates on projects and programs with leadership and other team members.
- Accountability - Takes responsibility for consistent completion and follow-up on departmental jobs and providing excellent service delivery.
- Flexibility - Responsive to change and demonstrates adaptability.
- Positive Approach & Can-do Attitude - Maintains a positive approach while completing daily tasks and when faced with adversity. Encourages and recognizes the contribution of others.
- Strong Interpersonal skills - Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to partner with various levels of management including c-suite.
- Languages - Fluent English, German skills desirable
Previous experience required for the role (5 to 7 years):
- Experience in defining, developing, and implementing a forward looking ESG strategy.
- Experience in developing ESG processes and policies.
- Experience in ESG transformation.
- Experience working across multiple countries and regional levels.
- Experience in integrating local ESG activities into a global ESG agenda.
- Ability to act as an advisor to senior leaders on the full spectrum of ESG issues.
- Previous experience within ingredients, FMCG or NovaTaste’s adjacent industries would be preferred, open to industry background.
- Inexpensive lunch in our excellent company restaurant, operated by our award-winning chef
- Attractive employee conditions for the purchase of spices, vinegars, oils, etc. in our store as well as local discounts at various companies
- Physiotherapy with a low deductible, company doctor, company pension scheme, company bicycle
- Flexible working hours through an attractive flexitime model as well as home office option
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Varied field of activity as well as a constructive, productive and very innovative working environment in a successful international company
- Promotion of permanent personal and professional development
- Sufficient, free parking facilities as well as excellent public transport connections and modern office premises
- Remuneration in line with the market with the willingness to overpay, depending on qualifications and experience, gross about EUR 100,000.00 per year on a full-time basis